Sunday, October 5, 2014

Terrain Project: Red Planet - Rusted Out Manufactorum

So here is another piece of terrain for my Red Planet project. The Red Planet project is a set of sci-fi terrain for Warhammer 40,000 that is a Mars-like planet with a corrosive atmosphere that makes everything rust at an accelerated pace.

I call this building the Rusted Out Manufactorum because it is made from the GW Manufactorum Set. Original right? :)

Rusted Out Manufactorum
More pictures after the jump.


"Inside" the Rusted Out Manufactorum
So I just painted the building with my standard rust scheme and covered the base with the red craft sand that I am using for this project.

Side view to show the open doorway
I cut out the side doorway to provide more ways to move in and out of the building.

Manufactorum Front, before painting
You can see that the capped pipe is just a piece of plumbing hardware that I picked up cheaply at the local home improvement store.

Manufactorum Rear, before painting.
I use 0.08 inch (~2mm) thick plasticard for the base. It is strong enough to support most terrain pieces without being super thick.

Next up in the Red Planet Project are some bridges and oil tanks. Then I will move on to creating some new pieces.  Thanks for reading. Let me know what you think in the comments section!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...