Sunday, January 20, 2013

Review: Plastic Eagles

Okay I thought I would post a review of the new plastic Great Eagles box from Games Workshop. I have seen several Lord of the Rings players wondering about this box set.  Since I have a complete army of Eagles I figured I would get the new plastic kit to round out my collection. I passed on the Finecast Gwaihir since I am already happy with my own Gwaihir.

Eagle #1

Eagle #1
Here are a couple of pictures of the first eagle of the two eagles assembled. The detailing and the pose is really nice much better than the old metal eagle.



Eagle #2

Eagle #2
Here is the second eagle put together. Again I like the pose - very dynamic.  These plastic eagles are a bit bigger than the old metal one from GW. As I start to paint these guys I will get some size comparison pictures with my other eagles from Gamezone, Reaper and Ebob miniatures.

Eagle #2 on the sprue

Eagle #1 on the Sprue
Unfortunately for those that were hoping for extra bits to make multiple poses that is not the case. There are no extra bits and each Eagle is pretty self contained. At most I think you could swap the wings and/or tail feathers between the two eagles. Since I will only be getting one copy of this box I just built them as intended.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...