Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New Terrain Project: Autumn in Ithillian Table

Hi there. I am starting a new project that I have been planning for a while. I am going to do a whole table's worth of terrain that I am going to call Autumn in Ithillian.  My Gondor arrmy, which heavily features Rangers and is almost always lead by Faramir, is based with an Autumn theme. 

My Rangers of Ithillian Display Board
When I made a display board for the army about a year and a half ago, it too was Autumn themed in order to match the figure's bases. I liked how this looked so much that I have been toying with the idea to do a whole table of terrain pieces in the same style. This "table" will not be a full table like the Mordor table, but use a grass game mat as the base and have individual terrain pieces. These pieces will be a combination of ready made and custom pieces. 


The first of two large ruin pieces
So today I actually started working on some pieces for this project. I had one Ruins of Osgilliath set and the remainder of a Lord of the Rings Terrain Pack that I bought to do the bases for my Eagles army.  The resin statues are from a German website called Ziterdes that has some great terrain pieces for Lord of the Rings.

A good look at the statue.

The reverse side of the same piece
The floor tiles are sections of a modular movement tray.

The second large ruin piece

The Reverse side of the second large ruin

Ranger's Camp
I don't remember where I got these tents, somewhere surfing the internet in the past year. The campfire is from the LotR terrain pack.

Ruined Tower base with tent
I used the corners from the LotR terrain pack to make a ruined tower base, which some rangers have set up camp in.

Ruined Stairs
The stairs are the last pieces from the Ruins of Osgilliath set. the trap door is from the old Mines of Moria set.

Statue and Well
Another Ziterdes statue and the well from the Mines of Moria set.

Well that is all I have for now, I will update this project again once we have some paint on these pieces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...