Sunday, January 22, 2012

Isengard / Dunland Raiders 600 Point Army List

Here is an army list that I have been thinking about.  I am not sure if this is the final version of the list yet, but here is where I am starting from. I have all of the models for this list. They are ready to be assembled and painted. Unfortunately that means no pictures yet.

600 Pts - Isengard Raiders Roster - Isengard/Dunland Raiders

Hero (1#, 60 pts)
   1 Lurtz, 60 pts (Hand Weapon; Orc Bow; Armour; Shield)

Uruk-hai Scouts (16#, 144 pts)
   16 Uruk-hai Scout, 144 pts (Hand Weapon; Armour; Shield)

Uruk-hai Archers (8#, 72 pts)
   8 Uruk-hai Scout, 72 pts (Hand Weapon; Orc Bow; Armour)

Feral Uruk-hai (9#, 108 pts)
   9 Feral Uruk-hai, 108 pts (Hand Weapon; Hand Weapon)

Minor Hero (1#, 55 pts)
   1 Dunlending Chieftain, 55 pts (Hand Weapon; Two-Handed Weapon; Armour)

Dunlending Bannerman (1#, 31 pts)
   1 Dunlending Warrior, 31 pts (Hand Weapon; Armour; Banner)

Dunlending Warrior (6#, 42 pts)
   6 Dunlending Warrior, 42 pts (Hand Weapon; Armour; Shield)

Dunlending Warrior (6#, 42 pts)
   6 Dunlending Warrior, 42 pts (Hand Weapon; Two-Handed Weapon; Armour)

Dunlending Bowman (6#, 42 pts)
   6 Dunlending Warrior, 42 pts (Hand Weapon; Bow; Armour)

Heroes: 2
Warriors: 52
Total Model Count: 54
Total Roster Cost: 596

Army Strengths:
- Uruk-Hai with Str 4 Killing Power! Yes I want to play a game with Str 4 troops.
- Feral Uruk-Hai with two attacks. I hope this will make up for the lack up spear support.
- Some 2 handed weapons on the Dunlending Warriors will be helpful against high defense targets.

Army Weaknesses:
- No spear support. This will be a new challenge for me, to play an infantry army without any spear support.
- No volley fire. My archery is split between Uruk-Hai and Dunlendings. I don't think I can combine the two types of warriors together to volley fire.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...