So this is a new army that I will be making for the Lord of the Rings. It is a Mordor List using the Cirith Ungol roster. Even though this is a Cirith Ungol list there will be no Shelob. The army is led by Shagrat and is packed full of Mordor Uruk-Hai backed up by regular Orcs. Unfortunately, since this is a new list and none of those Uruk-Hai are painted yet, I don't have a picture to show you.
You may have noticed that the biggest weakness of both armies that I have already posted is they are all Strength 3. This army has 24 strength 4 Uruk-Hai, 12 that are carrying two handed weapons. I am expecting that this will go a long way to cracking high defense armies.
600 Pts - Cirith Ungol Roster - Cirith Ungol Horde
Uruk-Hai of Cirith Ungol (25#, 326 pts)
1 Shagrat, War Leader, 110 pts (Hand Weapon; Shield of Cirith Ungol; Heavy Armour)
12 Mordor Uruk-Hai w/Shields, 108 pts (Hand Weapon; Armour; Shield)
12 Mordor Uruk-Hai w/Two Handed Weapons, 108 pts (Hand Weapon; Two-Handed Weapon; Armour)
Orcs of Cirith Ungol (30#, 274 pts)
1 Gorz, Orc Captain, 45 pts (Hand Weapon; Armour; Shield)
1 Orc Drummer, 40 pts (Advance!; Hand Weapon; Armour)
1 Orc Banner Bearer, 30 pts (Hand Weapon; Armour; Banner)
12 Orc Warriors w/Spears & Shields, 84 pts (Hand Weapon; Spear; Armour; Shield)
15 Orc Trackers, 75 pts (Hand Weapon; Orc Bow; Armour)
Total Model Count: 55
Total Roster Cost: 600
- 24 Strength 4 Uruk-Hai means only needing 5s instead of 6s to kill a defense 6 model. 12 Two-handed weapons should help alot as well.
- Fight 4 on the Uruk-Hai will help win tied fights as well.
- Lots of orc spearmen to support the Uruk-Hai fighting one handed.
- Shagrat is a beast with the Shiled of Cirith Ungol that knocks down enemies when he charges.
- The Orc Drummer affects every model in the army, so +3 inches of movement to everyone within 12 inches. This should make getting to objectives much quicker.
- 15 Orc Trackers should provide a good base of shooting.
- Super high model count of 55. I think anything over 50 is officially a horde.
- The Mordor Uruk-Hai will be defense 4 or 5. The Orcs will be defense 5 and the Trackers are defense 3. This is a bit on the low side. Could turn ugly if I start losing a lot of fights.
- I am sure there are other weaknesses but they probably won't be apparent until I get the army assembled and play a few games.
The army list was created with Army Builder.
Next Sunday: Eagles of the Misty Mountains Army List
Also coming soon on the blog: Painting Minas Tirath Knights, more Gondor Units, MERCS maybe?