Saturday, October 15, 2011

Eagles Army Work in Progress

So I have received all the models for my Eagles of the Misty Mountains army for the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game.  I have written about this eagles army once before in this post, if you want to catch up.

I have begun assembling and painting the eagles.  Since this army will only be six models at the 600 points level, I wanted to put some extra work into the bases to make them really stand out. I ordered one of  Games Workshop's Lord of the Rings Terrain Packs to use to fancy up the bases.

Eagle WIP
Reaper Giant Eagle on Statue Base


Eagle WIP
Side View of Reaper Giant Eagle
The first eagle here is the Giant Eagle from Reaper Miniatures. He is the biggest of the Eagles by a significant margin, so he will make an impressive Gwaihir I think. This figure is a giant hunk of metal, so I decided to mount him on a piece of brass rod instead of plastic. I did the same for the other eagles as well, although plastic would probably have worked for them. The statue on the base is from the GW terrain pack.



Eagle WIP
Gamezone Great Eagle mounted on the Dead Troll base from Micro Art Studios
The above figure is Great Eagle I from Gamezone Miniatures. I have mounted him atop a piece of brass rod on the Dead Troll base from Micro Arts Studio.


Eagle WIP
Games Workshop Giant Eagle on Fallen Trees base from EBob Miniatures

Here is the GW Giant Eagle figure. I painted this figure about a year ago. However I have placed it on a new base to better match the other eagles. The base is the Fallen Trees base from Ebob Miniatures. I would caution anyone ordering this that the actual base I received was plaster rather than resin and therefore much more fragile and not really suited for gaming. I mounted it on a plastic base for added durability.


Eagle WIP
Gamezone Great Eagle

This is the Great Eagle III figure from Gamezone. The base is made from half of one of the fallen column pieces from the GW terrain pack.

Eagle WIP
Giant Eagle and Fallen Tree base from Ebob Miniatures

This is the Giant Eagle figure and Fallen Tree base, both from Ebob Miniatures.


Eagle WIP
Gamezone Great Eagle
The last of the army is the Great Eagle II from Gamezone.  The base is made from one of the fallen column pieces from the GW terrain pack.

I am working on getting these guys painted now, so I hope to have another post soon.  Also coming down the blog pipe;  the Eagles Aerie display board, more Lord of the Rings Stuff,  Firestorm Armada, and hopefully not too far away - Warhammer 40K Eldar!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...