|The Trees turned out more Autumn-like than dead.|
|Two of the Trees|
- Create the tree armatures from Floral Wire. Twist two or three of the 18 inch pieces together to get the basic shape of the tree. I used two pairs of needle nose pliers to get a tight twist.
- Create the bark by using homemade "paper mache". Tear newspaper in 1/4 inch wide strips and soak in white glue. Then wrap around the tree armature. be sure to cover all of the wire.
- Cut bases from thick non-corrugated cardboard. The back of a legal pad is about the right thickness.
- Glue tree to base and add some basing material of your choice for texture.
- Spray the whole thing with black primer.
- Paint the tree bark to your desired color. Paint the base as well.
- Glue some foliage to the tree or leave it bare if you choose. I used the the Gale Force 9 Clump Foliage: Autumn. It took 3 packages to do the five trees. I am sure that Woodland Scenics makes a comparable product in a much larger container, but the GF9 stuff was handy.
|A second pair of trees|
|The last and tallest tree|
|Tree with some LotR Rangers for Scale|
Coming soon: Rangers of Gondor. Also pictures of the rest of my Gondor force and the Mordor table before MitM next month.