Thursday, March 17, 2011

Godric the Unkillable

Godric the Unkillable
Okay so I needed a figure for my Pathfinder Society character Godric. When I need a mini for an RPG character the first place I go to look is Reaper Miniatures because they have literally thousands of great figures for RPG characters. The easiest way to find what you are looking for is to use the Reaper Figure Finder.  If you have never used it, it is actually kind of fun. Go ahead I'll wait.


You back?  Good. So I found a bunch of cool figures but managed to narrow the field down to two candidates for Godric. Those were "Bertok, Barbarian" and "Amon, Viking Warrior". Both of these figures are from Reaper's Dark Haven Legends line.

Bertok, Barbarian

Amon, Viking Warrior
After seeing the minis in person, Amon was just to unwieldy perched up on his wall like that, so Bertok got the nod and became Godric! (cue trumpets!) However Godric specializes in fighting with his axe and shield so to add insult to injury he also swiped poor Amon's shield. Now as you can probably tell from this post I am a fan of Reaper's figures. I am not, however, a fan of the integrated bases on the Dark Haven Legends line. I prefer the uniform shape of either square or round plastic bases. So I set about cutting off the metal base from around Godric's feet. This is kind of a pain, but worth it in my opinion. After that I added the figure to one of the green stuff bases that I made recently. Read more about that in this post.

So here are some pics of the completed Godric figure, after I spent a few hours quality time with my paint brushes.

Godric
Godric the Unkillable
The figure has an eye patch. So far Godric still has both of his peepers, but if something cool comes up in game I am not adverse to having him lose an eye to match the figure!

Godric


Godric


These last two pics show more of the tribal style tattoos that I painted on the figure. The drawing at the top has tattoos and I wanted to replicate that on the the figure.

That is all for now. Coming up I have also painted a figure for my cleric and a cool little monster to use as an eidolon for a summoner character I am working on.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...